Even More Awards for Re-Tek

Re-Tek (UK) Ltd are thrilled to share that we have been awarded a 4-star rating at the Zero Waste Awards 2021.

Why Re-Tek was Awarded a 4 Star Rating

Re-Tek was awarded 4 stars due to the conscious efforts of our reuse rate of equipment throughout the facility which reduces our overall wastage output. Cardboard boxes are reused by our despatch team to limit our reliance on energy-intensive cardboard recycling, and our office equipment is second hand to stop equipment needlessly being recycled. Used coffee grounds are used by employees to fertilise home gardens and our employees are encouraged to separate their personal waste.

An element that stood out to the judging panel was our 83% re-use rate on all devices with the remaining 17% being recycled in line with the WEEE directive.

The Award Ceremony

The Award Luncheon was held on Friday 19th November at the Skyloft, Millbank Tower in Central London which was hosted by  LetsRecycle.com.

This event allowed us to network with companies who operate within different industries, as well as learning processes businesses are taking to tackle the the issue of waste locally and globally.

Keynote speaker Anna Willetts, Senior Vice President  of CIWM gave her perspective on the issue of Waste which gave a different insight to the topic.

Looking to the Future

With the recognition of this rating, we are continuously looking at our practices to identify how we can be even more sustainably efficient internally as well as externally.  As a company we already working on ways on how we can achieve a 5-star rating in the future.

Even More Awards for Re-Tek

This Award is the second award received by Re-Tek in under 2 months. In September we won “The Best Circular Economy Company” at the CRN Awards.

These awards are attributes to Re-Tek’s commitment to the Circular Economy and extending the life of electrical products in an sustainable way.

Re-Tek is constantly seeking ways to improve daily operations to ensure we are providing the best service we possibly can to our customers, which we will continue to do throughout our practices.