Instead of replacing an entire IT estate with new equipment, incorporating an IT Re-deployment element allows companies to take a strategic view of their IT estate and either:
- re-allocate higher specification assets that require upgrading in one department, to another company department which has lower IT performance requirements
- re-deploy higher specification assets from redundant personnel or departments across the organisation
All re-deployed assets are subject to CESG approved data sanitisation and full refurbishment to return them to an as new condition. Re-deployment is therefore an effective method of upgrading staff IT that is both highly cost effective and environmentally responsible.
Re-Tek fulfils a fully managed IT Re-furbishment & Re-deployment service on behalf of many of our corporate customers that ensure full environmental and security legislative compliance.
As with all of Re-Tek’s service offerings, implementation details are individually tailored to specific customer needs.
In general, the re-deployment service forms part of a greater asset retirement activity, and utilises the same core services of secure asset collection, CESG approved data sanitisation and asset tracking and reporting that have been developed by Re-Tek over the past 16 years.
Key service elements can include :
- secure packing and collection of assets from point of origin
- selecting assets for re-deployment from the total assets being refreshed based on agreed equipment specification / set of criteria
- Performing a full refurbishment of assets including equipment upgrades where appropriate to meet minimum spec criteria
- Re-Imaging services with either operating system or full customer image
- Install to desk services
- Ongoing reporting to ensure a real time picture of asset status
- Summary reporting covering all assets re-deployed and assets retired
As with all Re-Tek services, the good news is that much of the re-deployment services can be funded from the residual value in the equipment in the estate that is not being re-deployed, but re-furbished and re-sold by Re-Tek.